Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)

Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)

Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX)

A merger between the Stock Exchange of Singapore and the Singapore International Monetary Exchange formed the Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) in 1999. Furthermore, it is one of the largest Asian exchanges in terms of market capitalization and trading volume.

Singapore Stock Exchange (SGX) Meaning

The SGX is well known for its derivatives trading in addition to its equity trading. The make-up of the SGX market is approximately 25% in derivatives while the other 75% in equities. It also has approximately 775 companies listed and the SGX market capitalization is around 650 billion in Singapore Dollars. The SGX index is the Straits Times Index, and is considered to be a key indicator of the Asian markets. The Straits Times takes the 30 largest companies and market-value weights these stocks.
If you want to overcome obstacles and prepare to react to external forces, then download the free External Analysis whitepaper.
singapore stock exchange
[box]Strategic CFO Lab Member Extra
Access your Projections Execution Plan in SCFO Lab. The step-by-step plan to get ahead of your cash flow.
Click here to access your Execution Plan. Not a Lab Member?
Click here to learn more about SCFO Labs[/box]
singapore stock exchange
See Also:
Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX)
Hong Kong Stock Exchange (HKEX)
Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE)
Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE)
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)

ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE

Changing Markets Affect on Valuations

Economics back in January 2021 Back in early 2021 there were certain signs that the economy was going to change in some way, and many predicted this change would not be positive.  Post Pandemic in January 2021 the U.S. Government continued to pour billions of dollars into the economy by printing more money. Economics 101

Read More »

Product Life Cycle Stages

See also: Product Life Cycle Company Life Cycle Why You Need a New Pricing Strategy Increasing Pricing on Products What is the Product Life Cycle? A product life cycle includes stages the product experiences throughout its lifetime – from conception of the idea to the decline and abandonment of the product. Some products experience longer

Read More »

Increasing Pricing on Products

Recently, Netflix – streaming service giant – increased their pricing on two of their products by more than 10%. At first, media and customers displayed anger and backlash. But after the pricing increase, many customers remained at the increase was approximately a $1 difference. Plus, you have to factor in that many people are “cutting

Read More »

JOIN OUR NEXT SERIES

Financial Leadership Workshop

MARCH 28TH-31ST 2022

THE ART OF THE CFO®

Financial Leadership Workshop

Days
Hours
Min

September 12-15th 2022

Days
Hours
Min
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

JOIN THE NEXT STRATEGIC CFO™ WORKSHOP SERIES

Strategic CFO™ Financial Leadership Workshop
The Art Of The CFO®

Days
Hours
Min

September 12-15th 2022