Ken Alger, Director at The Strategic CFO
firstname.lastname@example.org | (713) 465-5151 ext. 700 | 2101 CityWest Blvd, Houston, TX 77042
Ken Alger has 25 years of professional experience in the financial industry as a banker, CPA, consultant and CFO/Controller with strong cash management, financing, budgeting and cost containment skills. As an executive who has overseen the financial growth of several small businesses, he is uniquely qualified to provide insight and leadership for a company’s financial development. Throughout his career in a variety of industries, he has been effective in managing a company’s finances as well as developing strong relationships within the company, and with financial partners.
For the last several years, he has worked in financial management as a CFO/Controller for 3 companies including a service contractor, a manufacturer and a steel supply company. Some of these companies have experienced 50% annual growth while others have experienced significant market declines. He has worked with small privately held companies and with a large multi-national firm. In all cases, he has collaborated effectively with management to develop projections and implement budgets as the case required.
Ken Alger has been in the financial services industry since graduating from Texas A&M University in 1986. He received his MBA in 1991 from University of Houston – Clear Lake. After a successful career in small business lending and business brokering, Ken became a CPA in 2003. For more than 10 years, Ken Alger has overseen the financial growth of several small businesses – including nonprofits, medical facilities as well as businesses in the service industry, manufacturing and oil and gas supply.
Furthermore, Ken combines a strong financial background with an extensive network of industry partners to provide a wide range of financing strategies. His management style is collaborative focusing on improved communication while also enhancing productivity.
Core Professional Competencies
- Financial Reporting
- Cash/Treasury Management
- Financial Modeling
- Human Resources
- Internal Controls
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Wholesale Distribution
- Healthcare Management
University of Houston - Clear Lake
Texas A&M University
Bachelor of Arts, 1986
- Barrett Steel, Houston, Texas - Region Finance Director
- Houston Service Industries, Inc., Houston, Texas - Vice President of Accounting
- John Moore Services, Houston, Texas – Chief Financial Officer
- Woodforest National Bank, Houston, Texas - Vice President – SBA Lending
- Bruce Bryant and Associates, Houston, Texas – CPA
- Third Coast Health and Safety, Inc., Deer Park, Texas – CEO
- Alger and Associates, Houston, Texas – Consultant
- Comerica Bank, Houston, Texas - Vice President Commercial Lending
- Sterling Bank, Houston, Texas - Assistant Vice President Commercial Lending
- Fidelity National Bank, Houston, Texas - Assistant Vice President Loan Review