Our client, a high-growth privately owned group of companies serving the US and international petrochemical industry, is seeking a Corporate Controller. The company, located in south Houston, TX, has offices in 5 countries on 3 continents with plans for continued expansion both in the US and abroad. This position reports directly to the CFO and offers an opportunity to work directly with the entrepreneurial leadership team to develop and implement the infrastructure needed to support the company’s rapid growth.
The Corporate Controller must be an outgoing self-starter that will take initiative and make sound decisions. They will be responsible for managing the accounting and financial reporting process and systems as well as training and mentoring the accounting department. A successful candidate must not only be a strong and organized controller, but have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently communicate with all levels within the company.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Own and manage the entire accounting function of the group of companies
- Lead, develop and train a staff of 10
- Establish and maintain controls, policies and systems which ensure the integrity of data, safeguards assets and prevents fraud, waste and abuse
- Perform all closings and issue thoroughly reviewed and polished financial statements consistently on time
- Manage all inventory accounting and reconciliation to physical counts as well as customer ERP systems
- Assure the timely filing of all required statutory financial and tax filings for foreign and domestic companies
- Work with outside auditors and lawyers to complete year-end audits, corporate tax returns and sales tax audits
- Integrate and develop the accounting function and control system at a planned acquisition to include assisting in the implementation of the company’s ERP system
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- CPA strongly preferred with a mix of public accounting and private industry experience
- Experience integrating acquired companies is preferred
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and people skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must
The company offers a salary that is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and an attractive package of benefits that includes quarterly profit sharing.
Our client is a fast-growing, well-funded, privately owned group of companies providing services to the global petrochemical industry. Their commitment to excellence, continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations has made them a leader in their industry. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, high-growth international firm, then please click below to apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who have been identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Become the CFO every CEO needs. Learn about Strategic CFO Coaching