Our client, a fast-growing, well-funded, privately owned group of companies providing services to the global petrochemical industry, is seeking a motivated individual to join the company as its Corporate Controller. The company, located in south Houston, TX, has locations in London, Hong Kong, Qatar and Singapore and has plans for continued expansion in the US and Middle East. This is a “hands on” position that offers an opportunity to help lead the company through dynamic growth including; managing the accounting and financial reporting process and systems, training and mentoring the accounting department and developing and implementing the infrastructure needed to support this growth.
The Corporate Controller must be a practical, proactive, hands-on self-starter with unquestioned integrity that will take initiative and make sound decisions. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer. A successful candidate will possess very strong controllership, organization, communication and interpersonal skills and will be able to effectively deal with all levels within the company.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Own and manage the entire accounting function of the group of companies
- Lead, develop and train a staff of 10
- Establish and maintain controls, policies and systems which ensure the integrity of data, safeguards assets and prevents fraud, waste and abuse
- Perform all closings and issue thoroughly reviewed and polished financial statements consistently on time
- Manage all inventory accounting and reconciliation to physical counts as well as customer ERP systems
- Assure the timely filing of all required statutory financial and tax filings for foreign and domestic companies
- Work with outside auditors and lawyers to complete year-end audits, corporate tax returns and sales tax audits
- Integrate and develop the accounting function and control system at a planned acquisition to include assisting in the implementation of the company’s ERP system
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- CPA strongly preferred with a mix of public accounting and private industry experience
- Experience integrating acquired companies is preferred
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and people skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must
The company offers a salary that is commensurate with the candidate’s experience and an attractive package of benefits that includes quarterly profit sharing.
Our client is a global network of affiliated companies dedicated to providing contract manufacturing, terminal services, construction, and customized sales and marketing solutions to customers in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical industries. Their commitment to excellence, continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations has made them a leader in their industry. If you are looking for an opportunity to be part of a dynamic, high-growth international firm, then please click below to apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those who have been identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Become the CFO every CEO needs. Learn about Strategic CFO Coaching