Our client, a growth-oriented international chemical partner located in Houston, TX, currently has an opportunity for a motivated individual to join their company as its Controller. With operations throughout the Americas, the company has been recognized as a proven supplier with numerous awards for their customer dedication.
The Controller will be responsible for all monthly and annual financial reporting processes and systems and will report to the Director of Finance. A successful candidate would be detail-oriented and possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal). This position requires a motivated leader who is confident and able to articulate financial information with all levels of staff both within and outside of the accounting department.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department for the company and its subsidiary
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions including payroll and 401k processes
- Ensure that all reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Issue timely, accurate and complete financial statements
- Oversee the production of management reports
- Supervision of accounting staff
- Coordinate annual and quarterly external and internal audits
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Communication with company personnel, department supervisors, and executive management
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience with at least 3-5 years’ experience in a controller role
- CPA preferred
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and people skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are a must
- Base salary of $85,000++, commensurate with qualifications listed above
- Bonus based on Company and individual performance; paid annually
- Health insurance
- 401(k) matched 100% up to 6% plus profit sharing
- Paid parking
Our client’s focus on retaining a “small company” philosophy in providing superior products and service to its business partners has made them a leader in their industry. If you are interested in becoming part of this dynamic, growth-oriented organization, then please click below to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.
Become the CFO every CEO needs. Learn about Strategic CFO Coaching