The following jobs will either be for our client’s firm or for The Strategic CFO. If you or someone you know is interested in any of the following positions, then please apply to the respective job ads.
Current Job Searches | The Strategic CFO
Corporate Controller – NEW
The Strategic CFO is a business advisory and consulting firm that works with a variety of companies in size and industry. We are currently engaged for an exclusive retained search for a Corporate Controller for one of our clients.
The Corporate Controller must be practical, proactive, and coachable. This position reports directly to the CFO. A successful candidate will possess very strong basic accounting knowledge (technical skills), organization, communication, and interpersonal skills and will be able to effectively deal at all levels. The Controller will be managing staff and directly responsible for the entire accounting function reporting to the CFO.
This position will start as a full-time position: Immediate hire.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
· Full cycle accounting
· Managing accounting staff
· Financial reporting and internal controls
· Improving accounting department inefficiencies
· Developing a budgeting process
· Working with external regulatory auditors and potentially financial auditors
· Preparing reports (Month-end financials, management discussion & analysis, etc.)
· Interacting with all internal departments
· Assisting the CFO in creating and maintaining dashboards and KPIs
· CPA (preferred but not required)
· Accounting Degree
· 10 + years of experience
· Previous controller experience required
· Strong accounting technical skills
· Excellent management skills
· Highly ethical
· Able to thrive in a very dynamic environment
Compensation and benefits
Base salary of $120,000 – $130,000 depending on experience. Our client offers standard medical benefits. Details to be presented to candidates interviewed.
Please email email@example.com to apply with the job title in the subject line.
Our firm is a consulting and advisory firm working with clients in many industries. We have a growing need to bring someone on to our team that can assist with our manufacturing clients. This professional must have strong manufacturing and cost accounting experience.
- Working with clients on a variety of projects related to manufacturing and cost accounting
- Working either on a team or as an individual on projects
- At least 5 years of work experience in cost accounting
- Accounting degree
- CPA – preferred but not required
- Manufacturing/Cost accounting
- Developing Standard costs
- Managing inventory and inventory projects
- Strong GAAP technical skills
- $60 per hour
- Immediate Hire
- Houston metro candidates only
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and the next steps to apply for this job.
*make sure to follow our page on Linkedin for recent updates and new job postings.
Assistant Controller – We’re Hiring
The Strategic CFO, LLC has been retained by a large regional accounting firm to assist our client in finding an Assistant Controller for the firm. This person will be in line for taking the Controller position in the future. The Assistant Controller will manage the day to day accounting for the firm and supervise the accounting staff. We are looking for a CPA that is detail-orientated hard-working and wants to grow with the firm.
The firm offers extensive benefits and pay is commensurate with experience. We are accepting applicants to be interviewed immediately and the firm is ready to fill this position.
Assistant Controller Responsibilities:
- Review of all recurring journal entries, bank reconciliations, fee income reconciliation, etc.
- Develop an annual budget for the firm and subsidiaries including monthly monitoring and reporting.
- Review invoices submitted for payment to ensure proper account coding detailed descriptions in General Ledger and proper authorization for payment.
- Preparation of monthly cash and accrual basis financial statements for firms and subsidiaries – Balance Sheet, Income Statement for the current month and fiscal year to date, month over month, and year over year including variance analysis, Budget to actual for the current month and fiscal year to date, Income statement by the line of business and location.
- Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Backup and review of semi-monthly Executive Committee Reporting Package.
Recent Job Placements | The Strategic CFO
CFO – P.E. Backed Manufacturer
Data Mining/Business Analyst – Large Manufacturer
Cost Accountant – Industrial Company