Our client, an international power generation company based in Houston, TX, is seeking a Project Accountant to join their sophisticated, entrepreneurial and professional team. In this role, you will act as the financial lead on an international power project. You will work with the President, COO and Controller as well as the development team. This newly created position reports to the Corporate Controller. Our client is looking to hire a Project Accountant as soon as possible. This position is located in the Galleria area of Houston, TX.
Position duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interface with President of Company, COO and Controller as the financial and operational lead on this international power project
- Prepare accounting and operational reports (including analytics)
- Respond to internal and third-party inquiries
- Be the “go to person” in the department for the assigned project
- Work with development team, senior management and accounting groups
- Interact with external financial institutions
- Some international travel
- Make oversight decisions
- Supervise accountants at international site remotely
The must-have skills or experience include the following:
- Approachable management style
- 4-8 years of experience
The preferred skills or experience include:
- Public accounting experience helpful
- Experience with power plant development and/or operations desirable
- CPA strongly preferred
- Accounting degree preferred
Benefits include an attractive salary based on experience, a bonus, insurance, 401k and paid parking.
Our client is headquartered in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. They are described as a professional, dynamic organization with approachable management and friendly co-workers. This is an entrepreneurial company.
Candidates will be subject to screening to include, credit checks, criminal background check and references. Our client would like to interview candidates as soon as possible and hire the right person immediately.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those identified for further consideration will be contacted.